Iceland's exciting tourism industry is world renowned and Glacier Guides are Vakinn accredited recognised leaders. We are now taking expressions of interest for guiding positions.
We offer an amazing opportunity to train and guide within one of Iceland's most stunning National Parks alongside a professional team of hard ice glacier guides.
Applicants will be adaptable, physically fit and enjoy a challenge, display strong communication skills and show an interest in Iceland's natural and human history. Previous guiding experience is advantageous but not essential as we provide ongoing formalised training.
You must be eligible to work in Iceland to apply for this job.
At a minimum, we would expect applicants to be able to:
- Communicate clearly in English (other languages would benefit your application).
- Demonstrate an extensive background in outdoor activities, whether personally or professionally.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe basic climbing practices and rope work (tying common knots, belaying, simple rescue techniques). Crevasse rescue experience would benefit your application.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of weather systems and weather map interpretation.
- Provide a current and valid basic first aid certificate.
- Capable of the physically demanding nature of the role.
- Be legally entitled to live and work in Iceland (nationals of EU/EEA countries).
Benefits include an attractive salary, accommodation and full-board. Shift patterns allow staff time to travel around the island and enjoy the beautiful scenery Iceland is famous for.
- We are looking for driven, very organized, independent hard working individuals.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Multiple languages will greatly increase your chances of work - fluent English required.